Brookfield AAZK Refund Policy
Brookfield AAZK is a nonprofit organization. Our refund policy is not designed to be a profit center or to be punitive—it is simply designed to cover the cost of registrations and cancellations.
- To qualify as a deduction from taxable income, a charitable donation cannot be in payment for goods or services. Therefore, there is generally no basis for a donor to request a refund of a donation. To make an exception for one donor can disqualify the deductibility of donations from other donors. Brookfield AAZK will not make any such refund except as provided in this policy. Donors who request refunds may not be eligible for tax deductions on their refunded donations.2. A donation made in support of a specific project or program should be spent by the Brookfield AAZK only for that support. If the project or program is cancelled, the donation cannot be spent as intended by the donor. In this case, the Treasurer is authorized to make any requested refund of such a donation without seeking action of the Board of Officers. However, the Treasurer must report any such refund to the next meeting of the Board of Officers. Brookfield AAZK does not provide refunds on donations that we have already granted to a charity
- Refunds may be granted at Brookfield AAZK’s discretion. Refunds are granted only in exceptional circumstances, and only when the funds have not been granted to a charity. Some circumstances in which refunds might be granted include:
- The donation was made in error, was made in an incorrect amount or the selected charity was not the charity intended by the donor,
- The donation was not authorized by the donor
- Except as provided in Section 2, the Board of Officers must explicitly act on each request for a refund of a donation. When considering such requests, the Officers shall act to preserve the deductibility of non-refunded donations and to protect the Brookfield AAZK. This means that, in general, the Officers will not grant a refund that was requested merely because the donor or the donor’s family was unable to participate or otherwise directly benefit from the sponsored program or project.
We use your personal information to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; etc. You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us. We may also use your information to track visitor of our website. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties
Brookfield AAZK includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.brookfieldaazk.org domain, and Brookfield AAZK is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
Like most website operators, Brookfield AAZK collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Brookfield AAZK’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Brookfield AAZK’s visitors use its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Brookfield AAZK’s website choose to interact with Brookfield AAZK in ways that require Brookfield AAZK to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Brookfield AAZK gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with Brookfield AAZK are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Brookfield AAZK collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Brookfield AAZK. Brookfield AAZK does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Brookfield AAZK discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Brookfield AAZK’s behalf or to provide services available at Brookfield AAZK’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Brookfield AAZK will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Brookfield AAZK discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Brookfield AAZK believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Brookfield AAZK, third parties or the public at large.
Brookfield AAZK Fundraising Contact Information
Jeff Bocek – Brookfield AAZK Treasurer