GCF Website www.giraffeconservation.org
Our Vision & Strategy
- Promote the importance and profile of giraffe conservation on the international stage.
- Secure viable, and protect existing, habitat for giraffe and other wildlife.
- Support dedicated and innovative research to better understand giraffe ecology, conservation and management.
- Establish the current status of all giraffe populations and (sub)species to support and inform their conservation and management.
- Identify key threats to giraffe and innovative ways to mitigate these.
- Develop a world class network of individuals and organizations dedicated to securing the future of giraffe.
- Provide a platform and forum for giraffe related research, conservation and management discussion.
- Increase awareness about the plight of giraffe.
- Promote and support giraffe conservation initiatives and work collaboratively with local communities to develop a sustainable future for both people and wildlife.
- Establish GCF as the key focal organization for giraffe conservation and management.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the IGWG to provide comprehensive educational and technical support.
- To be the leading international organization for giraffe conservation and management.
World Giraffe Day is a new and exciting initiative of GCF to celebrate the tallest and longest-necked animal on the longest day or night (depending on which hemisphere you live!) of the year – 21 June! Not only is it a worldwide celebration of these amazing and much loved animals, but an annual event to raise awareness and shed light on the challenges they face in the wild. By supporting World Giraffe Day you can help to support giraffe conservation efforts in the wild that will ultimately help to secure the future of this amazing creature in Africa. With only less than 80,000 giraffe remaining in the wild, the time is right to act NOW.